Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Pumpkin Coach


Welcome to my blog! In my first post, I would like to share what I did for my nieces for autumn. I found this beautiful set from SVGCuts and I thought it would be a perfect theme for the season. I’ve always been intrigued by three-dimensional paper-craft and the cutting power of the Silhouette CAMEO® allows me to explore this area of crafting more easily. I have recently got this plotter – thank you, Sis! – and I am really excited to try out the many templates available out there. Given I have just started working on this new hobby, assembling and customizing this pumpkin coach box was a bit ambitious for me, but I loved doing it and I am pretty happy with the results. 

 Since I had my nieces in mind, I tried to keep it young, romantic, and a little “princessy”. Went with the glittery papers and a light palette. As I was constructing this, though, I made notes in my mind about what I would do for next time.  Would’ve like the door to actually open and would want the wheels to be mounted on axels so they could really work instead of just glued on.  It will take some planning and adjusting beforehand, but it will make for a new challenge the next time and won’t seem like I’m just doing the same thing over and over.

I have to admit, I didn’t get too creative with the decorations. It is not too different from what you see on SVGCuts , but it’s still a great project to do and had lots fun.   I filled the pumpkin with candy as it was during Halloween when I gave it to them. They seemed thrilled to get it, and pulled all the candy out immediately.  Hmmm, so was it the pumpkin or the candy that they were thrilled with?






You can use it also as a lantern!



When he edited these photos, Guido played a little with the filters to create the frosty-wintery look you can see below, and I think this could be a good inspiration to create a version of this craft for the Holiday Season!



See my link section on the right if you are interested in SVGCuts or Silhouette CAMEO®.




No comments:

Post a Comment